Saturday, July 30, 2011

BKLYN COURIER NEWSPAPER

Dear Editor,

A few weeks ago, I was sipping on my ice latte and strolling down Smith Street with my dog, when I saw the Brooklyn Courier. I picked up a copy and was astonished to find that a woman on the front page, was a facebook, twitter AND google + friend of mine. She was identified as a resident of Brooklyn, when I know for a fact that she resides in mid-town Manhattan and was in our borough to celebrate a certain French holiday. Guess where she went AFTER she had her fun and games in Brooklyn? Manhattan!

Brooklyn is not JUST a borough of New York City, but it is also an identity, a way of life, a lifestyle choice and an ethnicity. I wouldn't identify myself as an African American or a Asian American if I was not from America and I expect the same for those who reside here. I know this comes off as a bit elitist, but for some time now I have been a champion of Brooklyn authenticity. This is at times tedious work, but as this boro is the greatest borough in the universe, my time simply pales in comparison.

I would very much appreciate a blurb in next week that corrects this reporter/photographer's error.

Salutations,


Joam J.

No comments:

Post a Comment