Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Joam Occupies Craigslist.

Dear Readers,

I came across this little "gem" of a craigslist post today.

Full Time Nanny needed (Rosedale, ny)
Date: 2011-11-02, 6:22PM EDT
Reply to: gigs-xxxxxxxxxxxx
We need a nanny to care for our 7 month and 2 year old children. Must be mature , trustworthy and possible weekends. Bilingual a plus but english a must.
250 per week . Call XXX-XX-XXXX


Of course I had to contact them. Here is my response to this ad.

------------------------------

Dear Family in Search for a Nanny,

250 dollars divided by 5 days is 50 dollars a day divided by 8 hours = $6 hourly for professional childcare. I am guessing that your children are the most important thing to you and somebody applying to watch them for 6 dollars an hour will either be 1. a child 2. somebody on a "list" 3. not all that educated.

I know times are tough, but invest in the safety and well being of your children. 250 dollars a week will not employ a Mary Poppins. My fiance made that in 6th grade watching her class' guinea pig.

Respectfully,

Joam J.

No comments:

Post a Comment