Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OLD NAVY

Dear Old Navy,

I was a navy man for many many years. I have long since retired and currently live in the mountains of Montana. My wife
told me about your store a few years ago. She has long since passed away. I was recollecting on our fun times together and felt I would take the time to write. I commend you for selling cast off clothing from the Navy. It is important that our youth grow up with a sense of Military pride. If you happen to come by a "Lt. Jeremy" stamp on issued clothing, please let me know as it be something of mine that I would be happy to autograph it for you store.


Yours in God,


Lt. Joam Jeremy

RESPONSE

Dear Joam,

Thank you for your interest in learning how Old Navy obtained its name.
Back in 1994 we were tasked with choosing a fun and distinctive name for
our exciting new brand. We received several suggestions such as
Monorail, Aboda, Easy Up, Elevator, and Forklift, but nothing seemed to
fit just right. Then some of our executives saw the words "Old Navy" on
the side of a building in Europe - and a brand was born. We think ?Old
Navy? says it all: fresh, energetic and modern style that we bring to
customers at an irresistible value.

Unfortunately, we do not offer vintage military uniforms. We truly
apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

We hope you find this information helpful. We appreciate your enthusiasm
for Old Navy and look forward to shopping with you soon!

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us at
custserv@oldnavy.com or by calling 1-800-OLD-NAVY.

Sincerely,

Ray
Customer Service Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment